[Glade-users] problems with treeview

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 09:39 -0700, Atmadarshini devi dasi wrote:

void
on_view_button_clicked  (GtkButton       *button,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
GtkWidget *treeview;

view_address_window = create_view_address_window();
treeview = create_view_and_model();
gtk_widget_show (view_address_window);

}

Based on what I see above, you create brand new treeview, and then never
pack it to any window, and never even show it. I guess what you actually
see on screen is an empty tree from a glade file. You have two
treeviews, one empty and one hidden! So you either have to go all the
way and create window which would hold the treeview in your code, or do
not call gtk_treeview_new at all and get the widget from the glade file
instead.

the view button is a button that i use in order to see the window with
the treeview . i get no errors but dont see anything in my treeview.

Please help.

thanks

Aakanksha