[Glade-users] g_signal_connect - Referencing a pointer

Hi,
    just starting to get to know gtk+ and glade and have the following
problem.

I want to connect a button to a callback function and pass it a pointer
to a struct.

I've done this manually with gtk+ using the deprecated
gtk_signal_connect and it worked fine. However, when I try to do the
same with glade, by adding the struct pointer as an Object in the
button's properties dialogue, g_signal_connect (or rather
g_signal_connect_swapped)  casts it as a GTK_OBJECT which presumably it
isn't.

Can anyone explain the best way to get around this?

Many thanks

Guy