[Glade-users] reading from an xml file into text entry boxes

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 03:53 -0800, Atmadarshini devi dasi wrote:
Hi guys

I am having a problem. I am a new learner trying to program using C
and create my user interface using glade. I have lets say a window
with 2 text entry boxes for now. I have an xml file and I want to read
the entries from the xml file and place them into the text entry box.
How do i go about doing this? I am able to read from the xml file and
place the entried on the console window but when i try to read them
into the text entry box, i get an error.

It would help if you tell what kind of error you get. From your code it
is unclear if address_window is indeed initialized, and how your
lookup_widget function works.

I am not sure what the difference between gtk_entry_set_text and
gtk_entry_get_text is.

set_text is obviously puts text into the entry and get_text is used to
retrieve it when you need to know what is stored in the entry. You may
want to review GTK+ documentation on Entry at
http://library.gnome.org/devel/gtk/stable/GtkEntry.html

 Can someone please help? I am in need of urgent help...

Thanks
Aakanksha

it now.
Glade-users maillist  -  Glade-users at lists.ximian.com