[Glade-users] Signal question.

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 12:44 +0000, Peyman wrote:
This is a topic from a couple of months back between Alexey and Peter
Keller, and I have just run into the exact same problem. However, this
solution is not working for me

I have a main window, which opens a pop up window. And when I close
the pop up window (by pressing the 'x' in the corner) it destroys the
pop up window, and I can no longer open it again. I esentially want
the pop up window to hide, instead of being destroyed.

I have tried connecting the on _pop_up_window_destroy_event,on
_pop_up_window_destroy and on _pop_up_window_delete_event such that
the window should hide

def on _pop_up_window_destroy_event(widget,data,wtree)
         widget.hide()
      return True

def on _pop_up_window_destroy_event(widget,data,wtree)
         widget.hide()
      return True

def on _pop_up_window_destroy_event(widget,data,wtree)
         widget.hide()
      return True

It doesn't make a difference, the window is still destroyed. Also I
don't know why i'm returning True, just blindly following the previous
advice.

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers
Peyman Askari

I doubt I have anything to add not seeing the actual code, besides not
knowing python anyway. I'd suggest you to ask that on PyGTK mailing
list. Maybe somebody could help you debug, or point you to a working
example. See http://www.pygtk.org/feedback.html