[Glade-users] Revival of an old glade project

On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 19:41 +0200, Arnaud Le Rouzic wrote:

Google was not very friendly this time, and provided me with two tracks:
* The format of the XML files generated by Glade occurred to change in
the past, the error might then come from these files.

You could try opening up these glade files in a later ( let still 1.x
version ) of glade and saving them. I've only ever used glade-2 and
glade-3, so I can't really comment more on this.

* I also have to install weird-named packages like libgnome0, etc. from
Debian Sarge, which depends on xfree, and which will very probably
destroy my brand-new Ubuntu.

Maybe not. Gtk and Gtk2 can coexist on the same system. Actually, I'm
surprised that Ubuntu doesn't have these ( at least as options ) for
legacy software. Maybe it does?

* Glade 1.0 and Gtk 1.0 are no longer supported and won't work properly
in the future, the soft must be updated (Glade 3.0, Gtk2)

I would certainly port the stuff to Gtk2. There are some details of what
you can expect to have to do at:
http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/doc/porting.html ... and of course the
main site: http://gtk2-perl.sourceforge.net/ is well worth checking out,
as is the mailing list ( subscribe on the website ). I'm a Gtk2-Perl
developer and I'd be happy to help you out if you get stuck. If you're
doing database front-ends, then have a look at my software at:
http://entropy.homelinux.org/axis

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer