[Glade-users] gtk_label_set_text fails, but not gtk_label_get_text

Ok, perhaps that makes me look a bit silly.

During the course of debugging it I left the string that I was setting as
"". Now I've changed it to something else I can tell you that if I have the
following:

 g_print(gtk_label_get_text((GtkLabel*) lblInfo));
  g_print("\n");

  gtk_label_set_text((GtkLabel*) lblInfo, "Banana");

  g_print(gtk_label_get_text((GtkLabel*) lblInfo));
  g_print("\n");

I get:

Info goes here
Banana

on the command line.

So the set command is setting the text, but apparently not updating the
actual label on the interface, for some reason.

Any thoughts?