[Glade-users] image storage

On Thu, 2007-05-10 at 20:25 -0400, Chris Cole wrote:
Hello all,
It seems that glade 3 won't store a complete filesystem path whenever
you want to reference a gtkimage's location. i would rather not have my
glade files and my image files in the same directory...is there a best
practice way to accomplish this? I noticed that putting the full path in
the glade xml file works, but this is hackish and has to be done
everytime a new change is made in glade.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Tristan Van Berkom <tvb at gnome.org>
To: jeff_barish at earthlink.net
Cc: Glade-users at lists.ximian.com
Subject: Re: [Glade-users] Button with image
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 16:03:14 -0400

On Mon, 2007-03-26 at 13:36 -0600, Jeffrey Barish wrote:
I want a button with an image, so I change the Edit Type of the button to
Container and drop an image in the container.  Then on the image's
properties, I select Image Type Filename and specify the File Name using
the ... button.  Two things go wrong.  First, the image file lives in a
subdirectory of the glade file.  Glade copies the image file into the
directory of the glade file.  If I insert "subdirectory/" before the image
filename, Glade removes the prefix.

This is intended albiet it could be improved (theres a bugzilla entry
wrt resource files in glade projects for that), point is that libglade
will always search in the CWD or in the directory containing the glade
file.

Note that full-paths should also work from the libglade POV, not sure
if the editor will allow you to specify a full-path ATM though.