[Glade-users] Spacing widgets on menu bar

Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

I'm not sure how the panel is made, but GtkToolbar does have support
for "homogenous" and "expand" properties, unfortunately the packing
properties are not expose in the menu editor so the only way of
accessing them currently is to select the toolitems in the Inspector
and use the "Packing" tab in the normal property editor.

I looked at the Toolbar widget, but it does not appear to be possible to add
a menu item to a toolbar (text with a popup menu).  Please correct me if I
am wrong.  This limitation is what led me to conjecture that the widget at
the top of the Gnome desktop is a menu bar, not a tool bar.  In my
application, I need to mix text with popup menus and images with popup
menus, so I think that I am stuck with the menu bar.
--
Jeffrey Barish