[Glade-users] Gtk2ComboBox with Glade2

Hi All,
I used a Gtk2ComboBox in my Glade[Glade2] file and am using libglade to
connect to my Perl-gtk2 application.

I am not able to see the popdown strings in my combobox, even after
attaching the strings
to the combobox. Am using Gtk Version 2.6  and Glade2.
Here is that piece of code:

# Get the combo box widget from the glade object
# I have not defined any combo entries[ie Items] for the combobox in glade,
since
# they are runtime  entries
my $combo_box = $Main_Glade_Ref->get_widget("ComboBox");

# Without using the new_text API, warnings are observed
# So, Using the new_text API to get the text combo box
$combo_box_text = $combo_box->new_text();

#Set the popdown strings
@popdown_strings = ("ACCESS", "STATUS", "DUMMY");
foreach my $string (@popdown_strings) {
  $combo_box_text->append_text($string);
}
$combo_box_text->set_active(0);

At run time, I can see only the combo widget displayed, but not the popdown
strings.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks in Advance,
Ashwin