[Glade-users] Using GLADE for client/server preferences

Greetings!

        I'm in the planning stages of developing a large client/server
application.  With the advent of GTK+ on all the major platforms
supported, I was thinking of using GLADE as a preference panel
container.

        The idea is I will have a robust server application which will need
configuration of plugins (like anti-spam tools).  These applications
would provide a GLADE XML file to the client over the network.  The
client would render it and wait for a button event which would send the
contents of the preference panel back to the server.  My question is: Is
this possible.

        From what I can see from the GLADE and libglade documentation, you can
manually connect the signal handlers of a GLADE XML definition to
application functions.  What I would really like is a way to display the
entire definition and then get back an similar XML file with all the
objects in their altered state.  If that is not possible, simply walking
the widget tree and returning the value of all the items would be
acceptable - but again I cannot see how to do this.

        Am I missing something extremely obvious, or is this harder than it
looks?
--
        -Carl Perry (KD5TSA) <caperry edolnx net>
"A PC without Windows is like Chocolate cake without the mustard"