[Glade-users] ./autogen.sh ERROR !!!

Hi you all,

I am trying to compile a Glade made aplication in my computer, i did install
on my pc the autoconf and automake packages required to do so.... However
everytime i try ./autogen.sh i do receive the following error messagge:

./configure: line 5055: sytax error near unexpected token ?PACKAGE?
./configure: line 5055: ?PKG_CHECK_MODULES(PACKAGE, $pkg_modules)?

is any pgk_modules missing??  any suggestion??, what this messagge means?

thanks in advance...
Juan