[Glade-users] Serial communications

Johnny wrote:
Hi
I am using Glade 2.10.0 in Ubuntu 5.04 i386
Looking for info
What Glade library or class is the serial communications (ttyS0 or
ttyS1) that I need to install.
Where is info or doc for Glade to program serial communications?

Ewwww, you're completely out of the ballpark.

Glade is a UI definition file in xml; generated by the glade
tool and parsed by some backend (libglade).

 From my experience; interacting with a serial driver is
like interacting with any other driver/socket/file...
open/read/write/ioctl/fcntl... these are the family of
functions you'll be dealing with.

You may need tcsetattr for some obscure reasons... not sure
if thats the one that lets you set the desired baud rate etc.
... you'll want set up whether you want blocking or non-blocking IO.

A random example that I know of that may be of help; would be
xf86OpenSerial & xf86SetSerial... located in the roundabouts of:
    xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/input...
or was it:
    xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/linux...

Welcome to the wonderfull world of Unix where everything is
simply just a file :)