[Glade-users] Modal attribute

On 5/30/05, Rick Duley <30294025 student murdoch edu au> wrote:
Hi folks

I am working with a GtkDialog (Windows XP(Home)).

I am wondering about the line (inserted by Glade_2):

  Set_Modal(<dialog>, True);

I see from the GtkAdaRM that, with this setting, the Dialog should:
"... grab all the mouse and keyboard events in the application while displayed."

I gather from that that the user should not be able to do anything else until
the Dialog is closed.  Well, it doesn't work that way!  The dialog displays
okay but the user can proceed to do anything else regardless.

How can I fix this?

I am not really sure what you mean but in my linux machine the modal
property seems to be working fine... now i am running glade 2.10 and
gtk 2.6.7... in my case the windows are not created in main... but
still most of them are toplevel ones with no parents...

Thanks
"Professional qualitative judgement
   consists in knowing the rules
     for using (or occasionally breaking)
       the rules."
                            D. Royce Sadler
Rick Duley
Murdoch University
School of Engineering Science
Perth, Western Australia
http://eng.murdoch.edu.au/~rick
aussie : 040 910 6049                .-_|\
o'seas : + 61 40 910 6049           /     \
                              perth *_.-._/