[Glade-users] Assign Tooltips to labels

On Sat, 2005-01-08 at 00:54, David L. Cooper II wrote:
I'm using glade 2.6 and noticed that it disables the tooltip entry field
when I select a text label. I also noticed that glade itself has tooltips
assigned to labels in the properties dialog.

Is this a bug or by design? Why doesn't glade allow me to assign a tooltip
to a label? Or, am I missing a step here?

It's a quirk of GTK+. Only widgets that have their own X window can have
tooltips.

In the property editor Glade uses an event box for each label, and
places the tooltip on the event box. You can do that if you need to.