[Glade-users] Importing an old .glade file

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 20:20 +0200, Zoltan Boszormenyi wrote:
Hi,

I have to resume maintaining an old GTK-1.2 software,
which is huuuge. Last time I updated it was to recompile it
for RedHat 9, changing it to UTF-8 from ISO-8859-2.
Now I have to upgrade it to GTK-2.x. Is there a way to import
the .glade file from that project and export it in a newer format?
Simply opening it in glade-2.6 doesn't work.

The FAQ covers this a bit:

1.5 How do I port a GTK+ 1.2 or GNOME 1.4 project to GTK+/GNOME 2.0.

libglade includes a script called libglade-convert which will convert an
old GTK+ 1.2 or GNOME 1.4 Glade XML file to the new GTK+/GNOME 2.0
format.

However, for GTK+ applications there is currently a slight problem with
this.
You need to:
  (1) Convert the XML file with libglade-convert.
  (2) Open the new file in Glade and save it immediately. This will
create
      the project options file with the same name as the XML file but
with
      a 'p' on the end.
  (3) Add '<gnome_support>FALSE</gnome_support>'
      to the project options file, so Glade knows it is a GTK+ project.