[Glade-users] glade 2.0.1 open .glade file skips width_request and height_request

I've searched around and am surprised not to have found any previous
posts for this issue.   The only ones I saw were related to glade--.

I am using 2.0.1 that comes on Mandrake 10.0 Official, and I've tried
compiling 2.5, but it doesn't care for gtk+2.0-2.2.4-9 and I don't really
feel energetic enough to upgrade GTK today.

I created a test project to learn how to use Glade, and have quickly
realized that you really have to do all your tweaking in one session
because when you shutdown and come back later, glade will not read
back the project as I left it.

Here is a snippet from my project .glade file.

                  <child>
                    <widget class="GtkButton" id="pushbutton">
                      <property name="width_request">50</property>
                      <property name="height_request">29</property>
                      <property name="visible">True</property>
                      <property name="can_default">True</property>
                      <property name="can_focus">True</property>
                      <property name="label"
translatable="yes">Push</property>
                      <property name="use_underline">True</property>
                      <property name="relief">GTK_RELIEF_NORMAL</property>
                      <accessibility>
                        <atkrelation target="huhbutton"
type="controller-for"/>
                      </accessibility>
                      <signal name="clicked" handler="on_pushbutton_clicked"
last_modification_time="Tue, 31 Aug 200
4 03:05:04 GMT"/>
                    </widget>
                  </child>

The width_request and height_request entries will not get loaded into
the properties dialog.  If you twiddle with the widget and save it again,
the .glade file is overwritten and that widget's height and width settings
will be gone.

Has anyone encountered this before?   Is a patch available by any
chance?