[Glade-users] libglib-2.0.la problem cheap fix

Well I was hoping someone had run into the libglib-2.0.la
message before. Luckily I fixed it myself, but sort of a not
so good/cheap fix. But for those of you in the future who run
into a problem, like: "libglib-2.0.la: File not found" or
"File not recognized"  here is a cheap fix to get your Glade
program going.

Edit the Makefile in the src directory of your project with
vi or emacs.  Then scroll down until you see:

<name of your project>_LDADD=

just remove the following parts of that definition:
"$(top_builddir)//usr/lib/pkgconfig/glib/libglib-2.0.la"
"$(top_builddir)//usr/lib/pkgconfig/gthread/libgthread-2.0.la"
"$(top_builddir)//usr/lib/pkgconfig/gobject/libgobject-2.0.la"
Your directory structure may be slightly different but the
filenames that end in ".la"  were my problem.

Then save. Go back to original <project name> directory
and try "make" again. You may have to debug some more,
but at least that error will be out of your way.

Good luck and happy programming,
KJ