[Glade-users] getting data out of comboboxes

On Sat, 2004-01-24 at 18:34, Alef T Veld wrote:
A few questions fellow glade users:

I first would like to know how to populate a combobox
and second how to retrieve data from a combobox. I've seen that there are
often many sub text fields in a combobox, so which one to use

If you select the combo box widget (not the child text entry widget),
you can use the 'Items' property to set the items in the combo box.
(This only works for plain text items.)

You use GTK_COMBO (widget)->entry to get the current text.

and, why does the year of my calendar widget change to 004 or something.

It shows 2004 for me. Are you seeing the problem in Glade itself? Or in
your application?

What value is the best use to cast for correctness? I can accompiny this
with code if asked.

I don't understand what you mean here.