[Glade-users] Drawing on a background image

On Thu, 2004-01-08 at 12:50, christophe Meyer wrote:
Hello,
In order to write weather satellite tracking software i have to draw
satellites footprints on a background earh image such in this example:
http://www.david-taylor.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/software/wxtrack_at_work.htm
It's the first time i use glade and gtk and i don't know how to do this :(
Does anyone know how to do this ? has anyone already done something like
that ?

That is not too difficult. We did something similar in Evolution to draw
timezone locations on a world map. (the code was in
evolution/widgets/misc/e-map.c, I think)

You need to load the images into a pixbuf, draw the satellite footprints
onto it, and then render it in a widget like a GtkDrawingArea when it
gets an expose signal.