[Glade-users] learning glade and python

Thus spake Rodrigo on Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 08:47:24PM CDT
On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 19:05:38 -0500
fmouse-glade fmp com wrote:

I'd like to know the same thing!  I'm not exactly a novice when it comes to
event-driven programming, but good documentation on using python and
glade/libglade is very hard to find.  Most of the good examples I find were
written for gtk1.x, or for earlier versions of python, and most of these
won't run since the API isn't backwards compatible.  Books on the subject
seem to be nonexistent.  I'd like to find a good tutorial with examples
writen for gtk2 - anywhere, hard or soft copy.

Thus spake Paul Rowland on Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 09:14:25AM CDT
Is there a book out there for novices?
      Don't be angry!!!

I'm not angry at all :)  Just somewhat frustrated with the state of
documentation on this particular (very useful!) API.  It's not _your_ fault
at all.  I'm also looking at helping out on a project done with QT Designer,
which has similar functionality and for which the documentation may be
better.

      I know an excelent tutorial but unluky it's in brasilian
      portuguese(my natural language).Talking serious, i participate in a
      list of python in portuguese and everybody used to complain about
      the lack of good matter about glade and python and then we started
      writing one,it's useful now(but far to be complete) and it's the
      only i know that fits for novices.

Perhaps, since you're bi-lingual, you could translate the document.  I'd be
happy to work on your translation and polish up the English in it.  I've
been doing tech writing informally for 20 years or more.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at