[Glade-users] Output text to TextView widget. How?

On Sat, 2003-06-21 at 10:42, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
I started using Glade 2 days ago and have zillions of questions.
Can you please help in the following code? I basically need to
display "Hi there" in the TextView widget upon pressing of a button.

---

on_button5_clicked                     (GtkButton       *button,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
 gchar output[50]= "Hi there";
 GtkWidget *target = NULL;

 target = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "textview1");

/ *

Don't know what to put here to have "Hi there" display in the
TextView widget

*/

You could do

void on_button5_clicked(GtkButton *button, gpointer data)
{
    gchar output[50] = "Hi there";
    GtkWidget *target;
    GtkTextBuffer *buffer;

    target = lookup_widget( GTK_WIDGET(button), "textview1");
    buffer = gtk_text_view_get_buffer( GTK_TEXT_VIEW(target) );
    gtk_text_buffer_insert_at_cursor( buffer, output, strlen(output) );
}

Lookup the API on GtkTextView and GtkTextBuffer - there are lots of
things you can do to text :)

Rajarshi Guha <rajarshi presidency com> <http://jijo.cjb.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 0CCA 8EE2 2EEB 25E2 AB04 06F7 1BB9 E634 9B87 56EE
How I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.