[Glade-users] Using Glade in KDE

On Fri, 2003-06-20 at 10:28, Panagiotis Argiropedas wrote:
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask if it is possible to use Glade and
build applications with it, in the KDE Desktop
Environment...
Depends what you mean.  Gnome and Gtk programs will run in KDE provided
the libraries are installed (most people have at least Gtk+ libraries
installed).

If you want to develop Qt/KDE apps Glade is not the best choice though
it is not totaly out of the relm of reality.  Glade output's as XML so
one could theoreticly create a libglade-qt library that translated the
Galde layout into Qt.  One could also write a plugin that outputted Qt
C++ code much like there are plugins that output python, perl and C++
Gtk+ code.  I don't know if there is a project like this yet.  The big
problem would be that Qt and Gtk+ don't have 1 to 1 widget mappings and
the fact that Glade is geared to Gtk+ mean that using glade for Qt
programs would be suboptimal.

--
J5