[Glade-users] Thread safe?

Well actually YES.

There is the problem. I commented out all the gtk_* in other threads & my
application works like a charm.

Thanks for your great advice.

imtiaz.

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Imtiaz ur rahaman M wrote:

I am doing this in couple of threads (other than the main thread)

gtk_text_insert(status_text, NULL, NULL, NULL, mesg, strlen(mesg));

Where status_text is a handle to the text box on my GUI - setup by the
main thread.

Do u mean to say it will cause problems, irrespective of whether the
access to status_text is protected by locks...?

Thanks,
imtiaz.

Either way the bottom line is - don't make GTK calls from your pthread.

--
Jerry Szulinski
Lockheed Martin/TACCSF