[Glade-users] Text entries & re-using msg boxes

Hi,

Sorry if this is too trivial for the list.
I have the following 2 problems that I couldn't solve
(atleast, not elegantly!)

1.)

    I have a button which on being pressed will execute
    a command. For the command to be executed I need some
    inputs from the user. So in the callback to the button,
    I'm gtk_widget_showing() the interface to get the inputs.
    But the user inputs (which is via a text entry) can only
    be got in _its_ callback.

        /* call back for the button */
void
on_tw_gsk_button_clicked (GtkButton *button,
                          gpointer  user_data)
{
    GtkWidget* get_param_window = create_get_param_window();
    gtk_widget_show(get_param_window);
    return;
}

    /* call back for the user inputs */
void
on_param_window_ok_clicked (GtkButton *button,
                            gpointer    user_data)
{
    GtkWidget* entry = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button), "tw_sk_pp_entry");
    gchar* passphrase = gtk_entry_get_text(GTK_ENTRY(entry));

    /* since I get the user inputs here,
     * I'm executing my back-end command here
     */
}

Is it possible for me to somehow wait for user input and
then execute the command in the first function itself?
I want to be able to re-use the get_param_window in several
places; so I don't want to execute any specific back-end
command in its callback.
What I have in mind is:

void
on_tw_gsk_button_clicked (GtkButton *button,
                          gpointer  user_data)
{
        /* show get_param_window here */

        if user has typed something
            then execute command here
}

char*
on_get_param_window_ok_clicked (GtkButton *button,
                                gpointer    user_data)
{
    return text entered by user
}

2.) Is it possible to have gnome-message boxes generate
    dynamically created error messages?
    From what I could see, the msg box is created with a
    gnome_message_box_new("message", ...) where the message
    is passed to the ctor.
    I want to have a single msg box and use it with different
    run-time-generated error messages.

Thanks,
Manu