[Glade-users] Making Applications Data Aware

Dear Members,

I am new to use database in applications. I wanted to learn how
applications are created with database connections and downloaded an
application. While compiling this one I get the following error at the
linking stage.

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused   -o program  main.o support.o interface.o
callbacks.o prog1.o prog2.o prog3.o prog4.o prog5.o -rdynamic -L/usr/lib
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -rdynamic -lgnomeui -lart_lgpl -lgdk_imlib -lSM -lICE
-lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lgnome -lgnomesupport
-lesd -laudiofile -lm -ldb1 -lglib  `mysql_config --libs`
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [gnomezine] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/pmyuran/program'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/pmyuran/program'
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2

MySQL was installed in my computer when I installed Linux in my machine.
I checked /usr/lib/mysql/ directory and found 'libmysqlclient.a' in that
directory..

-rw-r--r--    1 root     root       305964 Apr  9  2002 libmysqlclient.a

that means it is there. Then I tried with 'libdir' option as well, but
with no joy. Can anyone help me out?

Also, any pointers towards learning 'building GUI applications that use
MySQL with Glade' will be mostly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
~m/

--
Myuran Pathmanathan <pmyuran arbornet org>