[Glade-users] combining shapes in a irregularly shaped window

My pal and me recently discovered how to make irregularly shaped =
windows and
we`ve been having a lot of fun doing them, borrowing a lot from the
wheelbarrow example.

Basically, we`re just using the create from xpm call and load the =
pixmaps
with them. then do a gtk_widget_shape_combine on the window. Perhaps =
there`s
a better way but this works thus far.

Our problem is that we`d like to have our irregularly shaped window do =
some
animation. For example, we`re having that cd player and we`d like to =
see the
cd tray pop out when we press eject(we have an overhead view of the cd
player so the cd tray would show on the side.)

Our only solution thus far would be to have one xpm to create a mask =
for
every step in the animation, a lengthy process to be sure. I keep =
hoping
there`s a better way.=20

Browsing through the mailing list archives I`ve seen a few guys submit
patches to do some kind of shape manipulation. Is that the way to go?
There`s probably some ways to do it with X but as we`d like to have it =
work
under windows as well this is a no go.=20

Any help would be appreciated.

Micha=EBl Verville
Lockheed Martin Canada