[Glade-users] using images in glade2

On Sat, 2000-01-01 at 00:18, Evil Kosh wrote:
Hi

I've got a glade2 project and I created a Splash window, which just
displays an image for starting up and hides it again once it's all
loaded up.

All I did was to create the window, in the container add an image, the
properties shows it to be a GtkImage object and I've set the icon (funny
name for an image isnt it, is this a bug which is getting fixed,
terminology issues like this can throw people off) to an image I have on
the disk, which is located in the applications data subdir

{$HOME}/Code/cvs/solarcell/src/data/splash.png

is the file I've added to my project, something that I dont think is
quite right with glade is that from the executables pov, the image is

./data/splash.png

but from glade, that might be

./src/data/splash.png

so how exactly is it going to generate correct code?

anyway, when I run the application, it doesnt show, it tells me it can't
find pixmap splash.png

so anyone know why this would be?

When you set the icon/image, Glade normally copies it into the 'pixmaps'
subdirectory of your project. Did you change the pixmaps directory in
the project options? If you changed it to "src/data" then it is up to
you to change the Makefile.am files to make sure the pixmaps get
installed in the right place. I'd recommend leaving the pixmaps
subdirectory set to just "pixmaps" unless you know what you are doing.

Also, you need to do a 'make install' before running the application or
it won't be able to find the pixmaps.