[Glade-users] question about loading xml file

On Thu, 2003-12-04 at 11:14, Alef T Veld wrote:
Hi

I'm loading a xml file with glade_xml_new as

xml=glade_xml_new("file.glade","app1");

and then set up widget pointers

app1ptr=glade_xml_get_widget(xml,"app1");

works fine.

However, i have more widgets i need. Do i really have to call glade_xml_new() with a different widget
and load them into different GladeXML objects? I was hoping to just do
glade_xml_get_widget(xml,"different_widget");

You should be able to call glade_xml_get_widget() to get pointers to any
of the widgets. Check you've used the correct name for the widget.

alas, that doesn't work. This just feels stupid. There must be another way.
The other question is, how can i check to see if a widget is loaded (i don't want to load the same widget
twice if a
user presses load twice).

It's up to you to keep track of which windows & dialogs you've created.