[Glade-users] Common Area

You question is more of a, 'how does GTK+ work?' than glade question.  Check
out the GTK web site, there is some good tutors there.  www.gtk.org.

I don't mean to imply that you shouldn't ask questions about GTK here, I just
wanted to let yoou know of othere options to get help.

As for your question, I think it is too broad.  It would depend on the
widget.  If it was an entry box widget, you might do a...

void
on_adCom_changed                       (GtkEditable     *editable,
                                        gpointer         user_data)
{
        gchar var[30];

        strncpy(var , gtk_entry_get_text( GTK_ENTRY( editable ) ), 30 );
}

I don't really want think about all the different ways you might grab data
from the user, but it you have a more specific question I'll try to help.

-Jeff