[Glade-users] Setting text from one application window to another

------_=_NextPart_001_01C14416.94395880

Hi everybody,

I am new to Glade and this list as well. Glade is fantastic tool for
development! I have one query on how to set text form one app to another.

I have created two application windows in glade: app1 and app2. A button on
app1 opens app2 window. I have "clist" on app2 and want to set text in "text
entry" area of app1 when row in "clist" in app2 is selected and OK button on
app2 is clicked. While I am able to read data from "clist" and I too know
how to write in "text_entry" area. The problem is - I don't know how to
reference GtkWidget from app2 to app1. Is "lookup_widget" ok for this? Can
any body give example of code for it.

I would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Rajesh Padalia

------_=_NextPart_001_01C14416.94395880

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>Setting text from one application window to another</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Hi everybody,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I am new to Glade and this list as =
well. Glade is fantastic tool for development! I have one query on how =
to set text form one app to another.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have created two application windows =
in glade: app1 and app2. A button on app1 opens app2 window. I have =
"clist" on app2 and want to set text in "text entry" area of app1 when =
row in "clist" in app2 is selected and OK button on app2 is clicked. =
While I am able to read data from "clist" and I too know how to write =
in "text_entry" area. The problem is - I don't know how to reference =
GtkWidget from app2 to app1. Is "lookup_widget" ok for this? Can any =
body give example of code for it.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I would appreciate any help on this =
matter. Thanks in advance.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Best Regards,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Rajesh Padalia</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C14416.94395880--