[Glade-users] Calling another makefile from Makefile.am

"Felix E. Klee" wrote:

Hi,

I want to "call" a target in another makefile that resides in a
subdirectory of my project; from the command line I have to call "make
-f newmat/gnu.mak libnewmat". What should I add to Makefile.am to make
that happen automatically?

I'm not too good on build stuff, but you may be able to do something
like this:

all-local:
        make -f newmat/gnu.mak libnewmat

But maybe you should just set SUBDIRS so the subdirectory gets built
automatically.

BTW, where can I find comprehensive documentation for the parameters
that I can set in Makefile.am?

There is info documentation about make, automake and autoconf.
There is also a book about automake, autoconf and libtool online:
  http://sources.redhat.com/autobook/