[Glade-users] Timer

Lourdes Maldonado wrote:
Is their a timer function in gtk that I could use to "schedule" an
event?  I need to poll inside my gtk_main loop.

Yes.  See gtkmain.h, the gtk_timeout_add() and gtk_timeout_remove()
functions.  This lets you schedule code to execute once a timer has
expired.

But don't use this if your timer function simply tries to see if a file
descriptor is ready for reading.  Use gtk_input_add_full() instead.

--
James Cameron                                 (james cameron compaq com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/