[Glade-users] Moving the scrollbar of two distinct window synchronously

Jean-Christophe Berthon wrote:

Hy there,

I have a small question to all of you, I need to have two distinct window
with in each a list of features and when I move a scrollbar of one of them
I'd like the other one to move synchronously (or accordingly). Because each
features of one window is related to another one of the other window.
How can I do that in Glade? It seems that there is no callback for the
scrollbars so how can I do it?
Any idea or suggestions would be greatly appreciate :-)))

Maybe you could connect to the "value_changed" signals of the scrollbars'
adjustments.

This may help from the FAQ:

4.9 How do I connect to GtkAdjustment signals?

Glade doesn't support this at present, but you can set it up manually, in a
similar way to question 3.6.

When you create the window, get a pointer to the widget containing the
adjustment, and connect to the "changed" or "value_changed" signals:

  window1 = create_window1 ();
  hscale = lookup_widget (window1, "hscale1");
  gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (GTK_RANGE (hscale)->adjustment),
                      "changed", GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (on_adjustment_changed),
                      NULL);