[Glade-users] signal loop problem

Jason LaPenta wrote:
I have a widget A and a widget B. When a user
edits widget A the signal handler sets some
widget B data. When the user in turn modifies
widget B, the B signal handler sets widget A
data. Now I run into a problem because setting
the widget causes a signal to be called... which
dumps me into a loop between signal... bad.
How do I keep this from happening?

Turn off signal delivery in your signal handler.

gtk_signal_handler_block?

What I usually do is avoid having widgets interrelate like this.

--
James Cameron                                 (james cameron compaq com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/