[Glade-users] background on label

--------------090708020403060708040504

anyway to change the background color on a label widget????

Jeff Gaskill wrote:

Damon Chaplin wrote:

Jeff Gaskill wrote:

Is there a way to add a Pixmap (xpm) to a standard GTK button
from within Glade?  We are developing and application that will
use the Gnome main window along with many of the Gnome stock
buttons.  These buttons provide a xpm to the left of the button
label.  We would like to replicate this style with other standard
buttons using our own xpm files and labels.  I don't see how
this can be done through Glade.  Glade only allows a label to be
applied to the button.

I'm new to both Glade and GTK development but understood that the
GTKbutton widget allowed you to insert any type of widget in its
container.  If this is possible in raw GTK, is it possible through
Glade.

This is partially covered in the FAQ:

2.3 How do I add a pixmap to a button?

Create a button and select 'Remove Label' from the popup menu.
You can then add any widgets you like to the button, e.g. a horizontal
box
with a pixmap and a label inside it. (Glade may make this even easier
in future.)

However, I don't think it is that simple with Gnome dialog buttons.
I'm not sure.

Damon

Oops.  Read the FAQ...

This works fine with standard GTK buttons which is our primary use.
Since the Gnome buttons (dialog included) are stock I assumed you
could not modify them; therefore, requiring us to create new
ones even if all we want to change is the label.

I'm also wondering if we do need to get access to the stock
Gnome button pixmaps, where can we find them?  I've searched my
installations directories for both xpm and png files to no avail.
Any suggestions?

BTW, I've noticed that that Redhat Linux 6.2 has the 5.5 release of
Glade.  When I went to the Glade download page I didn't see a
Linux OS rpm for the latest version.  Is there a Redhat Linux
rpm for Glade 0.5.11?

Thanks

--------------090708020403060708040504

Jeff Gaskill wrote:<br>
wrote:<br></pre>
there a way to add a Pixmap (xpm) to a standard GTK button<br>from within Glade?  We are developing and
application that will<br>use the Gnome main window along with many of the Gnome stock<br>buttons.  These
buttons provide a xpm to the left of the button<br>label.  We would like to replicate this style with other
standard<br>buttons using our own xpm files and labels.  I don't see how<br>this can be done through Glade.
but understood that the<br>GTKbutton widget allowed you to insert any type of widget in its<br>container.  If
'Remove Label' from the popup menu.<br>You can then add any widgets you like to the button, e.g. a
is our primary use.<br>Since the Gnome buttons (dialog included) are stock I assumed you<br>could not modify
also wondering if we do need to get access to the stock<br>Gnome button pixmaps, where can we find them?
I've searched my<br>installations directories for both xpm and png files to no avail.<br>Any
went to the Glade download page I didn't see a<br>Linux OS rpm for the latest version.  Is there a Redhat
--------------090708020403060708040504--