[Glade-users] Glade questions.

Matthew Tuck wrote:
Damon Chaplin wrote:
Matthew Tuck wrote:
3.  Is there any way to insert columns into a CList widget once
created?
You do that in your own code somewhere. Maybe after the call to
create the window (create_window1() etc.)
No I meant within Glade, before your program runs.

No, you must write code to insert columns.  Why would Glade be
responsible for this?  It is easier to do it in the program and thus
maintain only one place for the number of columns.

5.  What's the best way to handle dynamic menus, both in the
situation where the whole menu is dynamic, and only part of the
menu is dynamic?
In particular I can't find any way to create an empty submenu.
Create the stable part in Glade, then manipulate the widgets in your
code to add/remove menus. I don't think that would be too difficult.
Except, as I said, I can't figure out how to create an empty menu
where nothing is stable.

You have to dig beneath into GTK+.  Figure out how Glade does it in
generated code, then immitate that artwork.  Read the GTK+ documentation
and example code.

--
James Cameron                                      (cameron stl dec com)

Save my bandwidth: don't send ME back MY message when YOU reply.