[Glade-users] Problems with lookup_widget()

Sarah Mount wrote:
My widget tree looks a bit like this:

main_window
+
|___stuff

my_dialog
+
|___stuff
    +
    |___my_gnome_entry

Well carved.  I understood.

Now, I have a callback on_my_dialog_ok_clicked() and in there I want
to lookup the main_window widget. No combination of
lookup_widget(some_widget, "main_window") seems to work (the app
compiles but segfaults).

Yes.  Expected.  lookup_widget() must be given another widget within
the same top level widget.

The way I solve this is to retain at least a widget pointer to my
logical parent window widget, or the button that triggered it.  In my
gfocustimer application, I have a struct for the dialog that contains
the pointer and other stuff.  There are, of course, other ways to have
the dialog remember the related widget.

http://quozl.linux.org.au/gfocustimer/

--
James Cameron                                 (james cameron compaq com)

http://quozl.linux.org.au/         (or)         http://quozl.netrek.org/