From: Ian Thompson-Bell [mailto:ian ruffrecords worldonline co uk]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 4:50 PM
To: Huang, Mike
Subject: Re: [Glade-users] question on libglade

On Wednesday 29 August 2001 21:05, you wrote:
Hello, fellow Glade users:

I'm just wondering anybody has read Neil Matthew and Richard Stones book '
Professional Linux Programming'. In chapter 9, "GUI Building with Glade
and
GTK+/Gnome" gives an example of using libglade. Following the  instruction
to modify code, run the code, I get many "No such file or directory"
errors. I believe the problem is due to environment set-up (libraries...)
but I don't know how to solve them because I don't know what is needed.
I'm
running RH7.1. Can someone help me with this. Included are the Makefile
and
first few lines out of issuing 'make' command:

Makefile:
CC=gcc
CFLAGS = -g -Wall 'gnome-config --cflags gnomeui libglade'
LDFLAGS ='gnome-config --libs gnomeui libglade'
all:libglade_example
clean:
      rm -f *.o libglade_example

error message:
gcc -g -Wall 'gnome-config --cflags gnomeui libglade'  'gnome-config
--libs
gnomeui libglade'  libglade_example.c   -o libglade_example gcc:
gnome-config --cflags gnomeui libglade: No such file or directory gcc:
gnome-config --libs gnomeui libglade: No such file or directory In file
included from libglade_example.c:2: /usr/include/gnome.h:12:26:
gnomesupport.h: No such file or directory /usr/include/gnome.h:14:21:
gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory In file included from
/usr/include/gdk_imlib.h:5,                  from /usr/include/gnome.h:15,
from libglade_example.c:2: /usr/include/gdk_imlib_types.h:1:21: gdk/gdk.h:
No such file or directory In file included from
/usr/include/libgnome/libgnome.h:24,                  from
/usr/include/gnome.h:16,                  from libglade_example.c:2:
/usr/include/libgnome/gnome-config.h:4:18: glib.h: No such file or
directory In file included from /usr/include/libgnome/libgnome.h:26,
from /usr/include/gnome.h:16,                  from libglade_example.c:2:
/usr/include/libgnome/gnome-exec.h:20:18: glib.h: No such file or
directory
(rest is omitted)

Mike Huang

Mike,

I am not 100% sure of this but is looks like you are using the wrong single
quotes.  If you have a UK keyboard and are using the single quote below the
@
key i.e '  then that is the wrong one.  You should be using backward single
quote which looks like this ` not '.  The ` on my keyboard is at the top
left
above the tab key.

Hope this helps

Ian