[Glade-users] Re: [pygtk] adding plot widget to a GLADE/Py-Gtk application

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Joe Van Andel wrote:

I'm building an application using PyGtk with the UI built by glade.  At
runtime, I use libglade to create the widgets in the glade XML file.
The application needs to use the GtkPlot() widget provided by GtkExtra.
How do I do this?

You can try using the KUI (alpha name) package I've pre-released as
http://www.async.com.br/~kiko/KUI-0.3.9.tar.gz and checking out the UI
module and the example provided. It does embedding of a native PyGTK
widget into a libglade interface. It's not very smart or pretty, but it's
simple and it works.

Glade's 'Custom' widget looks like it might help, but I don't know how
to define the Python class or procedure necessary to create a GtkPlot
widget within the Glade framework.  I tried adding a 'Custom' widget,
and setting the 'Creation Function' to 'create_plot', which I defined as
a Python function.

AFAICT the Custom widget wasn't wrapped for pygtk-1.2. By the looks of it,
it won't be, either, right James?

It is actually possible to wrap the custom widget code in libglade since a
few versions ago.  The code is just missing from the wrapper at the
moment.  It is one of the things on the list for the next stable pygtk
release.

James.