[Glade-users] Glade and sockets

After creating the initial window, my glade app calls
a gtk_main function that I don't the source for.  This is
presumably an event loop which waits for gui events and
calls the appropriate handlers.  The problem is that I'd like
to create a networked app which must respond not only to
gui events, but also to incoming messages on a socket.
Is there a way to register a socket ready event so that
gtk_main will capture it?  Or is there some other way to
poll a socket periodically within the event loop?

Thanks,
-Aaron
--
Aaron M. Smith