[Glade-users] globals vs locals... again

David Cooper wrote:
2. I was also considering a way to allow the GUI builder to do even
more of the work for us. Did I mention that I was lazy? If some pointer
based or programatic method was provided and maintained by the builder,
then we could ignore the tedium, let the builder do our job for us, and
have more time to write more bad code.

Have you any suggestions on how Glade can provide such a service?  It
already provides lookup_widget() in support.c along with the code in
interface.c to make it easy to find a widget by name given a pointer to
any other widget in the same window.

We know that making everything global would be bad ... so this has to be
a decision made by the programmer, not by the builder.

I agree that code quality may not be as important as getting the job
done sooner.

--
James Cameron                                      (cameron stl dec com)