[Glade-users] Before main window is "shown"

I expect this to be a newbie question but...

I want to perform some operations after all widgets are
created but before the main window is actually
displayed. I'm hiding some portions of the UI based on
configuration parameters. Is there a signal that I can
catch that will tell me this?

Since I'm using Glade to build the UI, I'm only making
changes in the callbacks file and other non-glade
generated files. I'm a bit reluctant to change any of
the other auto-generated files since I'd rather not have
my changes lost.

Thanks,

David