[Glade-devel] Name vs. ID

This is a well known issue and is fixed in recent versions of Glade
(3.16 and 3.18 should have it fixed).

The General tab property you speak of is now labeled "ID" and now
Glade allows you to set the "name" property in the "Common" tab right
beside the style classes (this belongs together since setting the
"name" is mostly only useful as a CSS selector).

They must remain separate attributes however, since the ID must be
unique, while this is not true for the "name" property.