[Glade-devel] Future of the preview feature

2010/10/12 Tristan Van Berkom <tristanvb at openismus.com>:
Kindof contradictory to your original stance which was, "a preview is a
snapshot of the current project state", the user can spawn as many
previews as they wish.

After using the feature a little, I changed my mind a bit. But I'm
still not sure which way is better. Having snapshots seems good but
having tons of open previews is bad.

In the end, it's important for us to decide on a single approach
for the preview before the next major release - probably around
the same time as GTK+ 3.0 release, and best we stick with that
approach for the long term.

I think both options can co-exist without causing feature bloat. The
popup menu can be used to launch snapshot previews, while the toolbar
button can be used to launch dynamic previews for the current toplevel
(if there is one).

(oops replied this one privately by accident, re-replying
to the list).