[Glade-devel] Glade 3.7.1 Released

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:40 AM, Damon Register
<damon.w.register at lmco.com> wrote:
On 12/1/2010 10:49 PM, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
More or less, you need to also build the configure script.
I wish it was less. ?So far I am not having any luck.

./autogen.sh --with-gtk=2.0 should do the trick
I tried that but have run into a mess of dependencies.

There are a few more dependencies when building from
the repository however.
Yes I see.

If you have a lot of trouble building from the repository
on windows (from the git repo using autogen.sh), I'll see
I haven't been able to get past the autogen.sh part.
I found that I needed

gnome-common
intltool
libxml2
libxslt
gnome-doc-utils

I installed
gnome-common 2.28.0
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm ?no trouble

intltool 0.40.6
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm ?no trouble

libxml2 2.7.8
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm
make failed
http://threedepict.sourceforge.net/compiling.html said I needed
to edit testThreads.c line 110 and replace with Win32 version
tid[i].p= NULL;
tid[i].x=-1;

libxslt 1.1.22
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm ?no trouble

gnome-doc-utils 0.20.2
with ./configure --prefix=/c/gtkmm ?no trouble
make fails with
Traceback (most recent call last):
? File "d:/gtki/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.2/doc/gnome-doc-make/../../xml2po/xml2po/xm
l2po", line 191, in <module>
? ? main(sys.argv[1:])
? File "d:/gtki/gnome-doc-utils-0.20.2/doc/gnome-doc-make/../../xml2po/xml2po/xm
l2po", line 88, in main
? ? from xml2po import Main
? File "d:\gtki\gnome-doc-utils-0.20.2\xml2po\xml2po\__init__.py", line 27, in <
module>
? ? import libxml2
ImportError: No module named libxml2

Thats because a.) you are missing Python's XML::Parser thingy, or more
likely b.) you need an updated version of python to get past that (this is
a problem we get hit with when building on linux as well).

I wonder if jhbuild is useful at all on win32, I suppose it's
worth trying to build using jhbuild since that will automatically
fetch the right version of everything at least to build the
basic gnome libraries from git...

This seems to be a python problem. ?Does this mean that I didn't
build a python part of libxml2 when I built that package?

if I can throw a tarball at you later on today... ?let
me know.
Thanks as long as I don't get tar all over me :-)
This would certainly make things easier although I would if possible
like to learn how to fix these dependencies. ?Would you or anyone
else reading this be willing to help me on this? ?Is there something
I have to do differently with building libxml2? ?is the problem
elsewhere? ?I did notice that the libxml2 source folder had a lot
of .py files but the prefix dir /c/gtkmm didn't have any of those
files.

Ok I'll try to build one for you later on, I'll post it somewhere online
and mail you privately and then delete it (I wanna be sure that
software doesnt escape without being released... currently
I'm holding it prisoner ;-)).