[Glade-devel] Fixed layout

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 3:27 PM, Patrick Hallinan
<patrick.j.hallinan at gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any plan to provide first-class support for Fixed layout in Glade?
For example, the ability to move and resize widgets directly with the
mouse.? This kind of thing is extremely useful in the early stages of GUI
development when the desired design/layout is changing a lot.? It is also
quite nice for quick/dirty GUI's.

Sure, remember that you should not use GtkFixed under almost any
circumstances, GtkFixed is definitely not useful to you if you are
writing an application that is supposed to integrate into a desktop
environment.

With that in mind, just hold SHIFT key down in the workspace... or
push the Drag/Resize button I put on the toolbar because the
SHIFT key was so undiscoverable.

...ofcourse I didnt go through all that trouble just for the
not-so-relevant GtkFixed widget... you can also use drag/resize for
widgets inside more useful containers, like GtkBox and GtkTable...

Glade-devel maillist ?- ?Glade-devel at lists.ximian.com