[Glade-devel] please help: bug: glade2 file conversion to glade3 failed

Hello,

I am running ubuntu 9.04 and wanted to use glade
so I ran the following command at a shell prompt:

$ sudo apt-get install glade-3

I have an old glade2 file from November of 2004
and would like to convert it to the glade3 file format
but for whatever reason the python conversion tool
which comes with glade3 is failing to work.

$ libglade-convert foo.glade
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/libglade-convert", line 1212, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/libglade-convert", line 1209, in main
    handle_file(args[0])
  File "/usr/bin/libglade-convert", line 1172, in handle_file
    check_widget(widgetdef, requireslist)
  File "/usr/bin/libglade-convert", line 1148, in check_widget
    elif widget['class'][:5] == 'Gnome' and 'gnome' not in requirelist:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable

I am not sure what is causing this.

The glade 2 file which is causing these errors can be found at:

http://whm.sourceforge.net/foo.glade

Thank you for your help,

Hopefully libglade-converter can be fixed to address this problem,

Thanks,

Saku Masukita