[Glade-devel] Running GLADE in-place

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 7:46 AM, Sam Thursfield<ssssam at gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys
I've searched the archives and various places and not found any advice on this.

Is there an easy way to run GLADE out of its source tree, to save
doing ?a full 'make install' every time I change catalog/plugin code?
GLADE_MODULE_PATH seems the obvious way, but doesn't work because at
this point the plugins are libtool wrappers.

It would be worth putting something in the HACKING file about this, I
wasted half a day wondering why I was getting weird struct mismatch
issues before I realised the obvious: it was using installed plugins
still .. :)

I would just say no. No there has never to my knowlage ever been
a way to run Glade from the tree without installing it.

Just install it, if you dont have system permissions then just
configure/install somewhere in your home dir.