[Glade-devel] Fwd: Website Help

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 14:58:59 -0500
[...]
I offer my help in maintaining the webpage, if it's wanted/convenient.
I'm better in HTML than I am in programming in C, so maybe I can
retribute something for all the work you're doing.

Thats awesome !

Right now what I had started, was templating the pygtk website
and doing something similar, there are some interesting scripts
in there that allow for a more simplified editing of html content
(currently the glade-web module is entirely html based).

You should talk to pachi and aruiz the maintainers of the pygtk
website, they have some good ideas about promoting a better
integration of Glade into related gtk+/gnome sites - and I think
I even heard that someone... (tor ?) might volunteer to maintain
win32 binaries of Glade to match the gtk+ binaries...

All of this exciting stuff in the air... if you have some time
for that, again, that would be awesome :)

It's not like I have loads of time laying aroung ;-) But I'm convinced
this Open Source thing won't work if nobody gives anything back.

Thats the spirit ;-)

I'll have a look at the pygtk site. I've done most of my pages in PHP,
previously in Tcl/Tk. Tell me how I can be of help.

Well I caught Alberto on irc and I'm CC'ing the glade devel list (you should
make sure your subscribed) so that we can all talk about it on the list,
I'm sure pachi and him will help you out with some of the technical aspects
and have some good ideas to throw in the mix...

[...]
Done. Compiled and installed gtk+-2.0, version 2.14.7 and what it needed.
I could now configure glade3, but compilation died on:

xsltproc -o glade-bg.omf --stringparam db2omf.basename glade --stringparam db2omf.format 'docbook'
--stringparam db2omf.dtd "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.1.2//EN" --stringparam db2omf.lang bg --stringparam
db2omf.omf_dir "/opt/gnome/share/omf" --stringparam db2omf.help_dir "/opt/gnome/share/gnome/help"
--stringparam db2omf.omf_in "/usr/local/src/programming/glade3/help/glade.omf.in"  --stringparam
db2omf.scrollkeeper_cl "`scrollkeeper-config --pkgdatadir`/Templates/C/scrollkeeper_cl.xml"
`/usr/bin/pkg-config --variable db2omf gnome-doc-utils` bg/glade.xml || { rm -f "glade-bg.omf"; exit 1; }
db2omf: Invalid subject code "GNOME|Development|Applications" in
/usr/local/src/programming/glade3/help/glade.omf.in.
db2omf: Invalid subject code "GNOME|Development|Applications" in
/usr/local/src/programming/glade3/help/glade.omf.in.

Again those doc-utils... I believe I've seen some references to this problem
on the 'net. This is without --enable-gtk-doc... Why does it need the docbook
things?

Its building the user manual not the reference docs, and currently I dont have
a --disable-gnome-doc for some reason, I should though.

This is not usually a problem for someone who has gnome-doc-utils installed,
you can work around it by commenting out GNOME_DOC_INIT in configure.ac
and taking out the help subdir from the toplevel Makefile.am, right now I dont
have time to trouble shoot it or fix --disable-gnome-doc (which is what should
be done probably from configure.ac).