[Glade-devel] Debugging libglade

Hello,

I'm using GTK (PyGTK, in fact), glade and libglade for a while, to develop
a cross-plateform panohead driving software:

    http://trac.gbiloba.org/papywizard

This software mainly runs on Nokia internet tablet, 770, N800 and N810. But
it also works fine under Windows, and Linux (it should also work fine
under MacOS, but there is no pre-build PyGTK package for that plateform,
and I didn't find yet someone to build it on its Mac).

Anyway, I have some recurrent and annoying problems with libglade under
maemo (Nokia) plateform.

Since the begining of the dev., I often have get a crash (seg. fault) just
by selecting the File menu of the main window (which does not occur on
other plateforms). Most of the time, just making a fake change in the
glade GUI and saving again the xml file fix this problem.

But for the last version, I can't fix it. In fact, it only crashes on 770
(which runs GTK 2.10), and not on N800 (which runs GTK 2.12). More, it
works fomr some 770 users, and it crashes for some others!!! I'm
puzzled...

I'm using glade 3.4.5 on a debian sid machine.

The only relevant information I have is this warning:

/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/papywizard/controller/abstractController.py:90:
Warning: g_object_unref: assertion `G_IS_OBJECT (object)' failed
self.wTree = gtk.glade.XML(gladeFile)

when creating the main window. But I can't find the problem.

My question is: how can I get more debug informations to find the problem?
What tool can I use? I think there is something in the binding, or in the
maemo port of libglade, but as I'm not a C devlopper, it is hard for me to
understand what can cause this seg. fault.

One more info: I tried to bind the File menu activate signal: my callback
is called, and the crash occurs just after.

Hope someone will be able to help me debugging that problem.

Thanks,

--
    Fr?d?ric

    http://www.gbiloba.org